Although we are not permitted to celebrate public Mass until further word from the Bishops of Ohio, blessed palms will be available to those who wish to have them. Palm Sunday weekend is April 4–5. Father Pentello will bless the palms privately and will then pass them out on Saturday, April 4 @ 3:00-4:00 and Sunday, April 5 @ 11:00-12:00 noon.
You are invited to drive to the back parking lot of the church and will not have to get out of your car. Father (with gloved hands!) will give you the palms. This is not the ideal, of course, but it will allow the faithful to celebrate Palm Sunday in some small way.
Also, if you wish, you can drop off your Rice Bowl and/or Sunday/Easter contribution.
During these difficult days many Catholics are availing themselves to online resources for daily Mass (and making a Spiritual Communion), prayers, Scripture readings and daily meditations. This is certainly encouraged until we can gather again to worship publicly as the faith community of St. Patrick Parish. Below is a list of resources you may wish to check out:
- WJW-TV FOX8 airs Mass on Sunday at 6:00 a.m.
- WUAB-TV 43.1 My Network airs Mass on Sunday at 8:00 a.m.
- WGN America airs Mass on Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
- EWTN airs daily Mass at 8:00 a.m.
- Diocese of Youngstown www.doy.org (click Media tab)
- CTNY Catholic Television Network of Youngstown
- Other online Masses
- Catholic Extension Online Mass
- The CatholicTV Network You Tube Channel
- Heart of Nation Catholic Mass (search by zip code for broadcast and satellite stations, plus radio)
- www.friarly.com (Dominican Friars Live Streaming Mass, Adoration, Liturgy of the Hours)
- WINT-1330 AM airs Mass on Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
- WCCR-1260 AM airs Mass on Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
You may also want to watch the videos below to listen to beautiful arrangements of Ave Maria and You’ll Never Walk Alone – the latter which, of course, takes on a more serious and deeper meaning as we live through these days of sacrifice. Always remember and never forget – we are a people of hope.